Blackbird Presents is a global media company that produces premium content via a range of strategies including large-scale concert events and festivals, broadcast series and specials, and music releases featuring major music stars across all genres and demographics. All of Blackbird’s star-studded concert events are captured in stunning super HD with studio quality digital audio for worldwide distribution throughout traditional and digital media. Since 2012 Blackbird’s events have honored legends such as John Lennon, Jerry Garcia, Gregg Allman, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Mavis Staples and many more. Our star-studded events have included performances by artists such as Alison Krauss, Bob Weir, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Stapleton, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gregg Allman, Jackson Browne, Joe Walsh, John Fogerty, John Mayer, Kacey Musgraves, Kris Kristofferson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina Mcbride, Modest Mouse, My Morning Jacket, Peter Frampton, Phil Lesh, Roger Waters, Sheryl Crow, Steven Tyler, The Roots, Vince Gill, Widespread Panic, Willie Nelson, Zac Brown, & many more. Blackbird Presents concert specials and one-of-a-kind performances have gained critical acclaim including our 2014 Best American Roots Performance Grammy nomination for Gregg Allman & Taj Mahal’s performance of Statesboro Blues.
As Head of Live Event Production & Programming (“Head of Production”), you will be a key member of the senior management team responsible for all aspects of programming and producing Blackbird’s live events from concept through production (including Blackbird’s once-in-a-lifetime multi-artist concert events, music festivals, and live music tours.). The core focus will be on three critical functions: (i) strategize on and shape all creative aspects, including artist rosters, for all Blackbird live events & projects; (ii) oversee the programming for those live events / projects; and (iii) lead all aspects of production including advancing with venues, vendors, artists, agents and managers, overseeing the management of crews, workflows, budgets, contracts, schedules, on-site logistics and all other production tasks. This position will report directly to the CEO and work closely with other members of the senior management team on developing creative vison and strategies for the Company. This executive should have extensive experience with programming and producing live events, including all aspects of production from concept to execution. The Head of Production should have the ability to smoothly interact with creative personalities and have a strong service mentality.
As a member of the senior management team, you should demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of the music industry. An ability to help lead and inspire a team is important, as is the willingness and flexibility to help members of a growing team.
- 10+ years of experience as a producer / production executive or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of and contacts with venues, vendors, artists, managers, and agents
- Experience designing, building and implementing a world-class budgeting, scheduling and project management processes
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Self-starter who is passionate about media and music
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment yet be extremely organized and detail oriented
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and oversee all aspects of programming & production for Blackbird’s expanding live content portfolio (including Blackbird’s once-in-a-lifetime multi-artist concert events, music festival properties, and live music touring properties)
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team to develop and shape creative strategies for all Blackbird projects
- Lead all aspects of production including advancing with venues, vendors, artists, agents and managers, overseeing the management of crews, workflows, budgets, contracts, schedules, on-site logistics and other tasks
- Design and manage a world-class artist relations process
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
420 Lexington Ave, Suite 820
New York, NY 10017
Warren Wasp, Partner
Office: (929) 436-0924
Cell: (516) 532-8026
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Office: (929) 436-0927
Cell: (512) 296-7394