Breakthrough Behavior was founded by a Behavior Analyst, Maegen Pierce, to improve the quality and efficacy of behavior intervention services in the home, clinic and community. We offer comprehensive behavior intervention services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. Our experienced team of behavior analysts and behavior technicians specialize in providing home and community-based applied behavior analysis (ABA) services.
Breakthrough Behavior Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs are characterized by individualized services implemented by specialized multi-disciplinary team members. Interventions are evidence-based and proven to be effective in increasing skills of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities.
Children who qualify are diagnosed with ASD or a related disability. Breakthrough Behavior programs are designed to offer intervention services for children 2-22 years of age diagnosed under the educational or medical category of autism. Autism is a complex developmental disability that typically appears during the first three years of life.
The result of a neurological disorder that affects the functioning of the brain, autism and its associated behaviors have been estimated to occur in as many as 1 in 59 individuals (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015).
We currently serve Orange, Seminole, Polk, Lake and Osceola counties in Florida, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties in California, and Woodbridge, Quantico, Fredericksburg and Stafford in Virginia.
Mt. Daly Capital Partners: Mt. Daly was founded in 2002 by Andy Paul as a vehicle to opportunistically invest stable equity capital into exceptional businesses run by exceptional people. Andy Paul is 35-year health care investor having led the healthcare group at the multibillion-dollar private equity giant, Welsh, Carson, Anderson, & Stowe (“WCAS”). During his time at WCAS, Andy served on 11 boards of companies that completed public offerings, had 7 companies exit with valuations in excess of a billion-dollars, and built a world-class network of contacts.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a member of the Executive Leadership team and serves as the strategic business leader for operational performance and is responsible for planning and directing activities of the organization. Working closely with the CEO, the COO serves in a critical role overseeing company operations, financial performance, technology solutions, and managing facilities-related activities including construction, compliance, and day-to-day operations. With the expected success of the company, he/she will demonstrate experience leading transformational growth and scaling the organization through both organic and expansion of service areas including existing business and future expansion. This position directs and develops high performing corporate and regional teams to deliver on established objectives, goals, strategies and measures. The COO also works to leverage technology to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
· Demonstrated effective leadership skills through multiple leadership assignments
· Proven financial acumen and experience as a P/L leader in multi-site/multi-state healthcare services; clinic/urgent care/ambulatory/home services preferred
· Prior responsibility as a key executive/leader as a catalyst in the transformational growth and scaling of a healthcare services business through effective operational oversight and growth
· Proven experience working with Investor/PE backed start-ups
· Demonstrated experience in driving organic growth
· Experience as a “hands-on” executive leading organization with a smaller, matrixed workforce
· Proven ability to drive accountability to financial and operational goals
· Experience and understanding of how to leverage technology and data effectively to utilize solutions to drive efficiency and scale; specific experience with Revenue Cycle/Billing, Scheduling, Practice Management, EHR/EMR, HR/Payroll and other and other software/applications
· An established record of successful leadership in the Multi-Unit health care services organizations
· Strong clinical understanding/experience, including working with various levels of Licensed Medical Professionals as well as associated support team members. desired
· Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory/compliance environment relative to onsite operations
· Knowledge of current industry and legal issues
· Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
· Servant leader who is empowering of others, directive, strong, decisive and creative
· Executive presence, approachable but confident & “comfortable in own skin”
· Strong relationship building skills
· Inspires greatness in others; mentors both clinical and administrative staff
· Excellent people management, strategy and execution skills
· Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
· Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience with a significant healthcare clinical/business focus)
· Demonstrate alignment with company cultural attributes, including participation in understanding all roles in the organization, exhibiting a “Culture of Hello” with open communications and encouraging team members to do better every single day to assist children and families using the company’s services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the day to day operations of the company, leadership, oversight and accountability
· Responsible for partnering with the CEO in the development and execution of the Company’s short and long-term strategies with a view to create a scalable, high-growth business model that leverages clinic, school and home-based care models to address the current and future opportunities in the space
· Provides oversight and leadership to the operational resources ensure clinic-based and other service expansions are executed well and leveraged by the organization to enhance and improve delivery, internal processes and communication
· Maintains a strategic focus on family and client satisfaction and value-added operational and services and demonstrates the ability to proactively identify needs related to behavior intervention services and trends
· Provides effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring at all operational levels in the organization
· Identifies global processes to improve overall performance of corporate and clinical operations and defines measurements of performance standards to integrate corporate strategies
· Demonstrates strong business and financial acumen and knowledge of staffing, capacity, ROI, budget, margins, service and product offerings, to implement and drive strategic and relevant operational outcomes
· Delivers products and initiatives supporting strategic goals
· Reviews best practices and holistic effectiveness of systems, support, and structure
· Strategically identifies and solves complex problems effectively with an emphasis on developing proactive approaches utilizing internal (corporate and clinic/other service lines) support
· Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage complex multiple lines of service and markets
· Establishes regular communication across operational teams and regions to ensure effective cascade of information
· Coordinates and productively facilitates communication across the entire organization and effectively navigates through multi-layer matrixed relationships (team members, families, children, investors, partners, vendors and consultants)
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals,
regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Partner: Mark Farrington
Office: 615-988-2594 Cell: 615-478-0098
Associate: Kari Goodwin