Bridgestone Americas is rooted in innovation and dedicated to providing world-class tire and rubber related products and services that improve lives around the globe. Our commitment to innovation, service, and quality spans 115 years. The Bridgestone Americas family of enterprises includes more than 50 production facilities and 55,000 employees throughout the Americas. The Bridgestone Americas international footprint includes manufacturing and sales subsidiaries located in Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico, with additional offices throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
We challenge ourselves to be innovative and so much more than tires. As a leader in the tire and rubberrelated industries, our goal is to further serve society and respond to customer needs. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries are recognized internationally for producing a variety of quality products, including building and industrial materials, natural rubber, and industrial fibers and textiles as well as its retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere.
Founded in 1900
North American Headquarters in Nashville, TN.
50+ Production Facilities and 50,000 employees
80,000 associates serving 100,000 residents/day
“Serving society with superior quality”
Bridgestone Americas is in need of a Finance Director to lead the corporate FP&A division of Bridgestone Americas. Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller, this position plays a key management role within the business and will act in both an operational and strategic manner with constant awareness of assumptions and performance issues that drive key financial metrics.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced financial executive, with a solid track record for leading others, and a penchant for innovation and growth. He/she will support the annual budget process, forecasting activities, and will also lead, develop, and grow a staff of 10+ teammates. The ideal candidate must be a skilled mentor and capable of developing teammates for future growth with the Company.
• Experience advising and reporting at the C-Level
• Proven results for leading a team of finance/accounting professionals
• Experience in financial reporting, analysis, month end closing, budgeting, forecasting, strategic financial planning, and accounting
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Knowledge of and experience with SAP BPC preferred
• Experience in a global company with operations in North and South America preferred
• Willing to “roll up your sleeves”
• Extremely high emotional intelligence and presentation skills
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• BS degree in an area of business with 12+ years of professional work experience-advanced
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reports financial results to the Executive Committee- Providing insights and recommendations
• Builds long and short-range financial analysis and planning for a $16B+ enterprise, inclusive of documentation, and presentation of budgets and forecasts
• Deliver step change improvement in FP&A capability to deliver significant business value considering cutting edge trends and out of the box thinking
• Mentors the finance unit and other segments of the organization to promote a better understanding of financial tools and metrics (lead and lag) designed to enhance profitability
• Coordinates the teamwork and delivery of financial analysis, simplifying complex information into crisp/digestible data-driven insights, necessary to make smart business decisions
• Actively supports and interacts with executive members of the Company, serving as a subject matter expert
• Prepares, maintains the necessary analytical and supporting information, inclusive of capital spending analysis, sound and achievable budgets and forecasts
• Drive, participate, and support managers in the preparation and analysis of financial business plans necessary to pursue new ventures and major expansions
• Documents all policies, processes, and procedures related to responsibility areas and keeps the documentation accurate and up to date
• Develops staff within team to create bench for broader finance organization
• Other duties as assigned
Our client and Buffkin/Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Mark Farrington, Partner
Ryan Baggett, Principal
Office: (615) 988-2584
Cell: (615) 516-4589