Digitech is a full-service national EMS billing firm with unmatched technology, specializing in the medical transportation industry, with headquarters in Chappaqua, New York. Digitech has developed and refined software systems and billing services for this industry for over 25 years. Serving Large/Small Municipal, Hospitals and Private Services, Digitech processes over $1 Billion of ambulance charges annually. They boast a 100% success rate at maximizing revenue from collections. The company received a strategic growth investment from Pamlico Capital in June of 2019.
Digitech’s billing system was developed by combining smart software developers and lifelong ambulance billers. Through 25 years of processing, resolving, and automating every kind of billing problem, then testing and refining results, our proprietary set of billing tools was born. With incredible reporting power, Digitech is able to out collect any other system available and never has a compliance problem. Because they own the system, they can respond quickly to industry changes and customize interfaces to suit client needs. Digitech’s proprietary tools are unmatched in the industry. Clients have full access to our processing system 24/7 and can observe all aspects of our workflow in real time. In addition, they provide the highest quality hardware, software, safeguards, failsafes, and backup systems to protect our clients’ private data.
Accountability: Digitech’s reporting tools are unmatched in the industry. In addition to our Monthly Reporting Package and thousands of built-in reports, they can create custom reports to your exact specifications. Their analytics provide a complete picture of critical data while their financial tools allow you to follow the money at any point in the revenue cycle. Additionally, you can configure a limitless combination of criteria, sorts, and data formats with Digitech’s Report Writer.
Digitech’s billing software includes many administrative tool sets designed to give clients a higher level of transparency and control over all aspects of their EMS organization. Operational and financial data are provided in an easy-to-use interface that allows a real-time picture of any aspect of their operations. User-defined views make it easy to pinpoint problems, push training and re-education to where needed, and identify high-performance individuals and crews.
Digitech’s Audit Trail system allows clients to follow a complete audit trail of every action and every change made to every record. Additionally, the tools also track the user who made the changes, the date and time the change was made, and the previous and updated values. All conversations with patients or insurance companies are tracked as notes in the master claim record.
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER POSITION
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be fully responsible for the accounting and finance operations of the company, including the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls. This role will be accountable for budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with industry best practices. The CFO will be an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team and a growth strategy leader. This position will report directly to the CEO of the company.
- Ten (10) + years of progressively responsible experience in a corporate or startup environment; Experience working with PE firms required; Healthcare/RCM experience preferred
- Three (3) years of executive experience; CPA required
- Experience with companies $50M+
- Operationally-oriented, hands-on strategic thinker who has worked in a high growth environment with the ability and experience in positioning companies to maximize enterprise value
- Knowledge of information and financial systems consistent with the ability to direct the implementation of budgeting and reporting best practices
- Proven ability to evaluate new markets, new lines of business, partnerships, and to provide the information and analytics necessary to make informed decisions
- Proven M&A experience
- Knowledge of financial reporting (design and implement internal and external financial reports to support operational and financial understanding) consistent with management of the business; Experience with cost reporting for supplemental payment programs
- Previous experience developing board financial packages and effectively communicating financial details to board members, investors and other financial partners; Strong presence to actively participate in board meetings
- Must be able to work in a team environment to collaborate with all levels of employees
- Must be able to lead by example, train and develop staff with exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration; Masters preferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department; including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving every department’s goals, objectives, control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations including control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Provide executives and managers with clear insights into the key drivers and metrics of business, business-unit and financial performance; utilize insights to assess business/market opportunities and inform/recommend prioritization decisions
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments/ M&A, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Accountable for cost reporting for the supplemental payment programs around the country
- Ensure cash, investments and resources are controlled for and allocated/invested optimally
- Coordinate and prepare for quarterly board meetings; Present financial results to the BOD with narrative on results, variances, trends, and key metrics; Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Interface regularly with company investors; Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Responsible for all contracting and compliance
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system; Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the financial model and production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Monitor and maintain cashflow forecast and manage cash accordingly
- Assist other departments in generating models to improve efficiency and increase margins
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage the professional development of the Finance and Accounting team members by providing significant opportunities and coaching on how to effectively support and succeed at Digitech
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive
Nashville, TN 37027
Craig Buffkin, Managing Partner
Office: (615) 988-2580
Cell: (615) 417-4383
Jen Bradley, Associate Partner
Office: (615) 988-2583
Cell: (615) 478-9919