DNI Corp is an innovative direct mail fulfillment and statement printing company headquartered in Nashville TN.
From its modern open-office workspace conveniently located near the Nashville city center and the BNA airport, the privately-owned company focuses on providing B2B services and solutions to local, regional, and national customers.
The company prides itself on “The Art of Delivery” by providing direct mail fulfillment and transactional communication services to clients across a range of industries including insurance, health care, utilities, transportation, and the public sector. The company is committed to offering bundled solutions across the direct mail and statement processing spectrum in order to support the efficiency and effectiveness of their clients’ communication, engagement, payment, activation, and acquisition initiatives. DNI Corp has been proud to call Nashville home since opening its doors in 1984 and reaches clients and customers across the United States and Canada.
The company is led by CEO and owner, Jono Huddleston, who purchased the company in 2008 from its original owners—since that time, the company has expanded its service offerings beyond its direct mail fulfillment roots to include bundled solutions centered around billing and payments for customers. Its multi-channel delivery model provides print and electronic statements that give customers the flexibility to choose how they receive documents and make payments while providing improved efficiencies and cost savings. The growth strategy for DNI is focused on the establishment of a comprehensive platform which simplifies any and all print-related stakeholder communications to include statements, invoices, and legal notifications, while offering a suite of technology-enabled electronic solutions and services to complement the traditional “hard copy” business process. Cross-selling the company’s traditional direct mail fulfillment programs into this client base will further enable DNI to function as a value-added business partner and drive profitable growth for the organization.
In 2018, Huddleston made the decision to appoint a President for the first time since purchasing the company with a singular focus on scaling and growing the organization over the next 3-5 years. Andrew Honeybone was named to the position and joined DNI in this capacity in late June 2018. In this role, he maintains full P&L and operational responsibility, coupled with the execution of the company’s long-term growth strategy, and is focused on delivering exceptional client value while simultaneously creating a differential work experience for DNI employees. Since joining the company, one of the primary areas of focus has been around organization design, people and talent capability, and succession planning. This role will be the first external executive team hire since Honeybone joined the company and s/he will be a key contributor to the short- and long-term performance of the business. Coupled with recent significant investments in high-speed print/finishing technologies, the company is poised for additional growth and expansion as they look forward to the future.
A dedicated group of DNI team members works to provide excellent service to its clients while encouraging behaviors that support its core values represented by being
· A Pioneer of Ingenuity (Always improving and innovating, Turning ideas into creative solutions, Unrelenting problem solving)
· A Pillar of Influence (Thought leaders in our industry, Positive impact in our community, A culture of care among employees)
· A Powerhouse of Integration (Going above and beyond to support every client, Providing advanced technology with personal support, Unifying clients, teams and partners for optimal collaboration)
These values are manifested in Behaviors that DNI team members exhibit that are identified as critical to the success of the team member and the organization. They are:
1) Problem Solving
2) Teamwork & Collaboration
3) Change & Adaptability
4) Ownership & Accountability
5) Communication & Positive Influence
• Founded in 1984
• 50 Employees
• 711 Spence Ln, Nashville, TN 37210
• Revenue: TBD • http://www.dnicorp.com
The position of Vice-President, Operations, based in Nashville TN, will oversee the company’s 83,000 sq. ft operation facility and production environment serving clients across the southeast and nationally. The scope of the role encompasses end-to-end operational, financial (P&L), and people/talent aspects of the company, including the strategic direction of daily operations, establishing efficiencies and workflows, maximizing throughput and productivity, exceeding client service level agreements (SLAs), automation of repetitive tasks and processes, , and strong leadership and organizational/team management skills. This position reports directly to the President and is a member of the company’s executive leadership team—key relationships on the team include leaders responsible for DNI’s two core business units, in addition to functional leaders for Information Technology, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Human Resources. Cross departmental matrix management and relationship skills are fundamental to success in this role and must be a demonstrated strength of the successful candidate. Working closely and collaboratively with this team, , the position entails a detailed understanding of the set up and on-boarding of new customers, knowledge and proficiency in process and continuous improvement, strong fundamental staffing/labor management and organizational skills, the setup, execution and output of job orders, as well as a focus on strategic and technological initiatives to achieve operational, financial and quality outcomes. The position will have ~4 direct reports and lead a total workforce of ~30 DNI employees.
A strong work ethic coupled with a “roll your sleeves up” attitude targeting personal and team-oriented performance goals is required with persistence and consensus-building change management skills round out this critical role.
· 10-12 years of P/L experience managing all aspects of operations and financial performance of a company or division
· Proven success in Production/Data/information-oriented Operations and implementation with multiple examples of successful product designs and launches
· Experience managing employees in light manufacturing or industrial environments
· Broad relevant technical knowledge with good business management expertise
· Understanding of and ability to articulate realistic project deadlines and time frames completion to the company, partners and clients
· Able to elicit commitment from stakeholders and team members
· Experience working effectively and attaining results in a matrixed-management environment
· Experience motivating and guiding teams with strong domain experience across multiple departmental functions (Operations, Technology, Finance, Sales, etc.)
· Sufficient technology expertise to work at a high level with teams to oversee innovations product development, ERP and Administrative systems integration, and establish strategic
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and a strong ability to multitask
· Ability to define and implement new innovative workflows, automation opportunities, equipment and data solutions for cost and production efficiency
· Ability to build and provide oversight for a team of direct reports
· Conscientious; eye for detail and a strong sense of responsibility
· Strong project and process management skills
· Values and culture focused – understands how to achieve results orientation with a supportive culture and high levels of employee engagement (Consistent with the Values of the organization)
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Relevant IT Certifications Preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Provide P/L management and leadership for all aspects of operational and technology performance for the business
· Act as a visionary for teams for new innovations create operational and related efficiencies and to differentiate the business in the marketplace
· Responsible for leading client operations team and overall day-to-day business with strategic planning and direction, compliance & controls, performance management, talent acquisition, client relationship development and process optimization
· Develop operations strategy and lead tactical execution to implement new clients and support ongoing relationships
· Develop services and operations model with industry standard metrics and controls
· Provide a strategic plan and operating plan for the DNI Corp businesses
· Strategically develop, refine and improve performance metrics
· Work to ensure alignment of people, processes, products and systems across business
· Develop pro-forma financial estimates supporting new or evolving product initiatives
· Serve as subject matter expert with customers & employees in the response to production, output, and related questions or issues
· Manage client escalations and look for a good balance among the client, the team and the business
· Product management efforts include sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and maintaining day-to-day data vendor relationships
· Provide proactive response and intervention in client issues, projects, and opportunities as needed to provide desired outcomes
· Work to identify, document, and deploy new functionality to enhance existing services and add new services as appropriate
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals,
regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Partner: Mark Farrington
Office: 615-988-2594 Cell: 615-478-0098
Associate: Kari Goodwin