Experian is a global leader in consumer and business credit reporting and marketing services and a constituent of the United Kingdom’s FTSE 100 index, with total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2019, of US$4.9 billion. We support clients in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries. Our employees comprise industry experts, consultants, data modelers, engineers and scientists.
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence, so they can maximize every opportunity. We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
We derive our revenues from providing credit reporting data, marketing data and services, and software and analytics to a wide range of target customers. Our clients include: (1) individuals, families and SMEs; (2) financial institutions and insurance companies; (3) retail and e-commerce providers; (4) hospitals and physicians; and (5) automotive industry and car buyers. Led by our Targeting Division headquartered outside Chicago, we are a leading provider of data and analytic services to the fast-growing social media segment, becoming a trusted partner to ecosystems like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
VP of Agency, Platform and TV will be responsible for overall revenue generation and growth of Experian Marketing Services within 3 distinct ecosystems: (1) Advertising Agencies; (2) Social Media Platforms; and (3) TV including OTT and Connected Devices. This leadership role will be 60% sales and 40% business development and will require proven strengths in gaining sales team ownership of company goals with a performance at and above desired quota objectives. The ideal candidate will build and manage a geographically dispersed team and manage its performance in a disciplined, metric-focused environment. This role will be responsible for cultivating and managing deep relationships with executive level clients at major ad agencies, digital agencies, social media companies, RTB and Exchange Platforms, and Traditional and Connected TV Networks. An important aspect of this role will be developing and extending the reach of Experian Targeting into these high growth ecosystems. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer of Experian Targeting North America based in New York City. The Targeting Division (375 employees today) has been growing in high single digits over the last few years. Target ecosystems have become a growing channel for enterprise clients of Experian in addition to becoming important customer markets of Experian data. In this context, VP of Agency, Platform and TV will be a strategic thought leader who will: (1) maintain and grow existing revenue relationship with target ecosystems and (2) evangelize Experian data sets at the highest executive levels inside target companies to build new revenue generating solutions for Experian. Talent development that can act as a catalyst beyond tactical partnerships will be a vital component of this role. The ideal candidate will be based in NYC geography.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience interacting with executive level relationships at major ad agencies, digital agencies, social media platforms, and traditional/connected TV platforms
- Thought leadership in designing, evangelizing, and selling complex data and measurement solutions to indirect channels (agencies, social platforms and TV platforms) for ultimate consumption by global brands
- AdTech and MarTech experience in Programmatic and RTB platforms highly desirable
- Ability to effectively navigate and operate within an internal and external client global matrix environment with a keen focus on Experian data benefits and advantages
- Ability to identify growth and new business opportunities within target verticals of agencies, social media companies, and TV providers
- Ability to identify and quickly establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders within target channels and wider Experian globally
- Ability to translate deep knowledge and understanding of target client product needs and to build a strategic roadmap for deliverables
- Quick learner who can rapidly embrace culture, a new organization, and responsibilities
- Astute and articulate with regards to client needs, client and prospect engagement, sales negotiations and sales best practices
- Complex reasoning capabilities and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions
- Track-record of engaging collaboratively with senior-level executives and buying centers and working cross-functionally to serving clients
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, equally comfortable talking with employees, managers, executives, and clients
- Track record of a “roll up your sleeves, get it done” leader: Outstanding organizational skills, strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize and take initiative
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build out and lead the target channels team working in close partnership with the Data & Product Strategy Team, Strategic Alliances Team and other Experian BU’s and Regions
- Establish sales goals in collaboration with the Chief Revenue Officer and GM of Experian Marketing Services business unit
- Successful achievement of annual NA revenue budget assigned to EMS unit with a longer-term view of growing projected revenue by 15/20% over next three years (FY20-22)
- Identification and development of new revenue streams and product development opportunities for the target channels to drive the longer-term growth of EMS business unit
- Proactive exploration of potential opportunities to secure, protect and expand EMS’s market position as a key provider against external competition
- Drive new business development by aligning the strategic roadmap for target sales channels with their product acquisition and development plans (current & future) as well as identifying internal Experian BU opportunities where existing product synergies exist
- Drive business development activity by effectively establishing strong credible relationships with critical executive level stakeholders at target channels and acquiring a deep knowledge/insight of their digital ecosystems, processes, strategic priorities and product strategy to inform EMS’s future product priorities/roadmap
- Evangelize EMS’s product roadmap within Global Experian and undertake the role of being the key face of Experian with target channels
- Proactive identification of potential joint Experian and target channel product solutions
- Support the team with driving the negotiation of contracts to close
- Engage a culture of ongoing account analysis, cross-selling and cross-functional team collaboration to create client wins
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting for the target channel teams
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, or veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
420 Lexington Avenue, Ste 820
New York, NY 10170
Phone: (929) 436-0920
Raj Das, Global Head of Digital Pratice
Office: (929) 436-0920
Cell: (917) 279-7960
Kimberly Melcer, Senior Associate
Office: (929) 436-0928
Cell: (917) 301-6371