Fluent (NASDAQ: FLNT) is the trusted acquisition partner for both established and growing brands. Leveraging our proprietary first party data asset, Fluent creates marketing programs that deliver better digital advertising experiences for consumers and measurable results for advertisers. Founded in 2010, the company, headquartered in New York City, has grown rapidly and profitably.
Fluent was spun out of its parent company on March 26, 2018 and is now a “pure play” independent publicly traded entity (“FLNT”). This transaction enabled the shareholders to unlock the growth and margin potential of Fluent. The management has provided a calendar year 2018 guidance of $238-245 million in revenue and $38-45 million in EBITDA.
Fluent has positioned itself at the intersection of media, data, ad-tech and agency / marketing services. This allows the company to solve for mission critical marketing problems: performance marketing that allows a tangible ROI on marketing spend, digitally engaging the right consumer in real-time with the right offer through the right channel at the right time. In addition to the focus on rapid organic revenue growth of Fluent, the management anticipates additional growth through synergistic global acquisitions. The company is anticipating an exciting period of growth and profitability in the foreseeable future with the continued expansion across all marketing channels – acquisition, retention and loyalty.
We enable our clients to understand, engage, and acquire their ideal customers more strategically with unique insights.
Data Acquisition for CRM Marketing
- Marketers partner with us to build highly qualified databases that enable them to grow their business and maintain valuable, long-term relationships with their customers.
Data for Programmatic Targeting
- Audience Now, our programmatic offering, enables health marketers to reach consumers in an efficient and scalable way.
Performance Marketing Solutions
Use our unique insights to drive increased visibility, reach, customer and user acquisition across channels.
- Brands and advertisers work with us to drive traffic to their websites and offers via our proprietary placements and only pay when consumers take specific actions. We work with performance marketers across every consumer vertical and have a well-deserved reputation for having the industry’s best quality and scale.
- We help subscription marketers identify the right prospects for their offer using self-declared insights to better scale their acquisition campaigns.
Intelligent User Acquisition for Mobile Apps
- Developers and app marketers use Fluent’s unique first party data to drive intelligent user acquisition and scale downloads of their app.
Pay Per Call
- Telemarketers work with Fluent to drive qualified calls by tapping into our massive reservoir of first-party data and TCPA compliant opt-ins
• Headquartered in NYC
• 100+ employees
• Serving over 500 consumer brands and direct marketers
The Head of Media Strategy will provide strategic, organizational planning and implementation to maximize media spend across key digital platforms. S/he will be responsible for leading our media investment strategy with the goal of driving growth for Fluent’s brands and 3rd party clients. A critical part of the strategy is a focus on partnership development. As a senior leader in the Performance Media Group, the ideal candidate will drive value through business performance and will steadfastly support the company’s mission. Managing a team of 7 media buyers and strategists (with the objective to expand this team based on ROAS), s/he will be responsible for $30+ million of annual media spend, growing to $100+ million annually in 2019 and beyond. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of where key platforms are headed (inventory and capability expansion) and can work effectively with Fluent’s product team to ensure alignment.
- 7-10+ years of experience in digital marketing and media buying with a focus on performance-based outcomes
- 5+ years of experience with media buying and measurement on social platforms: Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, Amazon, YouTube, Oath, IG etc. Deep functional understanding of these platforms, effective integration and developing effective product and solution strategies
- Additional experience using demand side platforms (DSP): Amazon, AppNexus, DataXu, MediaMath, etc.
- Expertise in customer acquisition and retention and the effective use of marketing automation. Strategic ability to drive solutions from marketing through media buy
- Superior client service experience with proven ability to provide strategic media plans
- Astute and articulate with regards to partner needs, partner and prospect engagement, deal negotiations and best practices
- Complex reasoning capabilities and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, equally comfortable talking with employees, managers, executives and clients
- Success recruiting, leading, managing and growing high performance teams of media buyers and planners
- Partner cross-functionally with design, product development and operations
- History of leading speaking engagements and client presentations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and lead media investment strategy to drive growth for our medial brands and core clients across key media channels
- Identification and development of marketing programs, new revenue streams and product development concepts to drive long-term growth
- Evangelize the product roadmap within Fluent and undertake the role of being the key face of Fluent with blue chip ad platforms
- Evaluate new digital / social media capabilities that are continually emerging to determine the applicability of future use and map out strategic plan to maximize
- Develop and manage key demand-side partnerships with a focus on senior-level relationships
- Manage a rapidly growing media buying team to deliver on ambitious spend and margin target
- Drive continual evolution of high-performance culture through active networking with prospective candidates, performance management and employee engagement
- Take leadership role alongside key executives in planning cycle, including annual business strategy development, P&L and ROI goals
- Leverage senior level relationships with digital platforms to drive optimal media buy relationships for Fluent’s benefit
- Work with Fluent’s Product Development team to drive performance-based product and media buy strategies
- Attend client meetings to discuss media plans, strategies, and dashboards
Our client and Buffkin/Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Raj Das, Partner, Head of Digital
Tel: (917) 279-7960
Kimberly Melcer, Senior Associate
Tel: (917) 301-6371
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Tel: (512) 296-7394