iCrossing, the first stand-alone search marketing agency, opened its doors in 1999 with the prescient vision that search would change the world of marketing by connecting consumers to brands and then quantifying results. By 2008, the agency had expanded into mobile search and web development across nine offices on two continents with over 500 employees. In 2010, iCrossing was acquired by Hearst – the world’s largest independent media, content and entertainment company. Over the past eight years, iCrossing has almost doubled in size and evolved into a fullservice global agency.
The Power of Hearst: iCrossing is the only digitally-native creative agency owned by a media powerhouse. In 2017, Hearst closed the year with $10.8B in revenue, having delivered a seventh consecutive year of record profits. Being part of Hearst has enabled iCrossing to hire a world class leadership team, access proprietary data on 300mm unique readers/viewers and first-rate editorial content, as well as invest in future forward capabilities.
Today, iCrossing is a Growth Partner able to create marketing solutions grounded in performance, fueled by insights and creativity, powered by data and technology and strengthened by parent-company Hearst. iCrossing has 940+ employees located across six countries. Approximately 550 employees are located across seven U.S. offices. iCrossing’s capabilities include Digital Media Planning and Buying, SEO/SEM and Social Media Marketing, Brand Strategy & Experience Design, Data Analytics, On/Offline Advertising Campaigns, Front/Backend Technology, Content Marketing.
The sum of all these parts has begun to create a compelling whole. The momentum within iCrossing is palpable. Since the new management team has been in place, the agency has won: Amazon, Bayer, City National Bank, LinkedIn, L’Oréal, MFS, NBA, PetSmart, Prudential, and Sargento.
• Founded in 1999
• 940+ Employees
• Headquartered in New York City
• 18 offices worldwide including Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco
• Global President: Mike Parker
Chief Strategy Officer is a key leadership role that works across all our clients and offices. You will be responsible for leading the development, communication, execution and maintenance of Corporate and Client strategies for a rapidly growing and evolving digital agency, spanning multiple channels and offerings that include search (paid & organic), display, paid social, programmatic, planning, media strategy, and analytics.
Your responsibilities will include:
(i) clear definition of our strategy whereby our client is front and center of all our capabilities and activities;
(ii) alignment of our management and rank and file along our strategy statement and a clearly differentiated strategic roadmap;
(iii) detailed SWOT analysis that can drive our roadmap analysis; and
(iv) communication both internally and externally of a strategic growth framework that addresses customer lifetime journey, experience, business performance, data needs, and technology requirements in an integrated fashion. You will use your extensive industry knowledge, digital marketing expertise, and our data, technology, marketing and creative resources to enable the realization of our goal as Data Driven, Technology Led agency of the future. You will also need to identify and champion new technologies, while creating an internal culture of strong digital marketing behavior and continuous improvement. Providing futuristic leadership in new business pitches, innovative performance paradigms, and team growth are key ingredients of success in this role.
We are looking for a dynamic leader and consultative strategist to help strengthen and expand the agency’s offerings and capabilities, as well as lead and manage a world class strategy practice that helps deliver unparalleled results for our clients. The ideal candidate should be passionate about, and capable of, transforming business problems into positive, measurable, business results. This role reports to the Global President, Mike Parker. Ideal location is one of main three hubs of iCrossing: NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- 20+ years of experience as a Strategist building and executing winning culture paradigms in a combination of marketing consulting AND global brand environments
- 15+ years of experience creating and executing both internal corporate and client-facing strategic frameworks encompassing all digital platforms, including Search, Social, Email, Display, Affiliate, Programmatic, Video, Voice, Big Data, and AI
- Deep understanding of integrated strategic roadmaps that align internal competencies towards client’s business performance KPIs leveraging Media, Content, and Creativity
- Proven track record of developing, communicating, executing, and maintaining Strategy frameworks that translate to measurable growth results and superior client experience
- Complex reasoning capabilities and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and implement solutions
- Ability to handle multiple clients in parallel, driving complex digital marketing executions, including cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Experience across a global team of over 900 passionate evangelists that cut across every facet of the organization domestically and overseas
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in successful client presentations
- Success recruiting, leading, and managing high performance planners and strategists
- Experience with department P&L management
- Experience in winning new business pitches leveraging well developed strategic visions and measurable tactical roadmaps
- “Roll up your sleeves” work ethic and attention to detail
- Successful experience in a fast-paced environment with strategic mindset, strong business acumen, and effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct a detailed SWOT analysis towards the development of a differentiated Strategy for iCrossing that begins and ends with our clients
- Develop a global strategy with focus on supporting existing client and new client relationships through audience and cultural understanding, brand and digital marketing plans, and impact of technology and data on user experience and digital innovation
- Align the company management and rank and file along the Strategy Statement and a cohesive strategic roadmap that solidly positions iCrossing as the futuristic agency led by Technology and driven by Data
- Clearly articulate the strategic framework that encompasses customer lifetime journey, experience, business performance, data needs, and technology requirements in an
- Identify and champion new technologies, while creating an internal culture of strong digital marketing behavior and continuous improvement
- Evaluate new digital / social media capabilities that are continually emerging to determine the applicability of future use and map out strategic plan to maximize results
- Identification and development of marketing programs, new revenue streams and product development concepts to drive long-term growth
- Define and implement the appropriate targets and metrics to effectively demonstrate digital marketing’s direct contributions to business performance
- Work with Executive team in planning cycle, annual business strategy development, P&L and ROI goals
- Facilitate client cross-functional sessions on available and desired customer data, marketing technologies, customer engagement, and accountability
- Recruit, train, motivate and continually develop a high-performance team that has its pulse on latest media buying and analysis technologies and tools
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
420 Lexington Ave, Suite 820
New York, NY 10170
Raj Das, Partner, Global Head of Digital
Office: (929) 436-0920
Cell: (917) 279-7960
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Cell: (512) 296-7394