iCrossing, the first stand-alone search marketing agency, opened its doors in 1998 with the prescient vision that search would change the world of marketing by connecting consumers to brands and then quantifying results. By 2008, the agency had expanded into mobile search and web development across nine offices on two continents with over 500 employees. In 2010, iCrossing was acquired by Hearst – the world’s largest independent media, content and entertainment company. Over the past seven years, iCrossing has almost doubled in size and evolved into a full-service global agency.
The Power of Hearst: iCrossing is the only digitally-native creative agency owned by a media powerhouse. In 2017, Hearst closed the year with $10.8B in revenue, having delivered a seventh consecutive year of record profits. Being part of Hearst has enabled iCrossing to hire a world class leadership team, access proprietary data on 300mm unique readers/viewers and first rate editorial content, as well as invest in future forward capabilities
Today, iCrossing is a Marketing Agency for the Modern World able to create marketing solutions grounded in performance, fueled by insights and creativity, powered by data and technology and strengthened by parent-company Hearst. iCrossing has 940+ employees located across six countries. Approximately 550 employees are across seven U.S. offices. iCrossing’s capabilities include Digital Media Planning and Buying, SEO/SEM and Social Media Marketing, Brand Strategy & Experience Design, Data Analytics, On/Offline Advertising Campaigns, Front/Backend Technology, Content Marketing.
The sum of all these parts has begun to create a compelling whole. The momentum within iCrossing is palpable. Since the new management team has been in place, the agency has won: Amazon, Bayer, City National Bank, LinkedIn, L’Oréal, MFS, NBA, PetSmart, Prudential, and Sargento.
- Founded in 1999
- 800 Employees
- Headquartered in New York City
- 18 offices worldwide including Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco
- Global President: Mike Parker
The US, Head of Search an integral role in leading a media team within an integrated full-service agency. As US Head of Search, you will nurture the paid and organic search talent across the country, while driving business outcomes for our client base and providing thought leadership.
Your leadership of dedicated paid search and SEO teams of 100+ employees will help to insure that iCrossing’s search legacy continues to evolve so that we remain the premier agency for a modern world.
- Exemplary communication skills with both clients and internal teams; your vision inspires others to follow
- Experience and knowledge to execute on you vision for clients and your teams
- After 15+ years, you have become a thought leader in in paid search and SEO. Your clients and teams respect your deep knowledge and holistic understanding of search
- Possess a thorough understanding of interactive media (all channels and pricing models) and in depth understanding of cross channel media planning, negotiation, implementation and performance analysis
- Strong presentation skills make you extraordinarily comfortable speaking to clients during a pitch, providing insights into their search strategy, and promoting iCrossing’s expertise in biddable and organic media
- Background in paid search that has given to a deep understanding of execution and challenges that teams face
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create thoughtful strategies to stand out and succeed within the competitive SEM/ SEO landscape
- Empower regional and office leadership to fulfill the vision of the SEM/ SEO at iCrossing
- Be a Core contributor to digital strategic initiatives; provides agency POVs to clients in consistent manner with iCrossing policy/beliefs
- Lead SEM/ SEO elements of new business pitches
- Inspire teams in a single vision for excellence in paid and organic search
- Evolve relationships with key partners, manages larger partnership opportunities for clients
- Inspire talent to grow and innovate. Continue to evolve the career development paths to reflect changing industry and agency needs
- Review and approve statement of work and estimates for all new and existing projects
Our client and Buffkin/Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Raj Das, Partner
Office: (929) 436-0920
Cell: (917) 279-7960
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Office: (929) 436-0927
Cell: (512) 296-7394