Jewelry Television® (JTV) is the leading retailer of jewelry and gemstones in the United States. Privately-held with a proven 25 year history, JTV leverages an omni-digital strategy designed to elevate the customer experience through holistic, digitally-driven touch points, including broadcasting live programming 24 hours a day, seven days a week to 86 million U.S. households, an industry leading mobile optimized e-commerce platform, and a robust social media presence. As part of its commitment to the development and distribution of educational content and consumer satisfaction the company employs numerous Graduate Gemologists and Accredited Jewelry Professionals. The company’s website, JTV.com, is one of the largest jewelry e-commerce websites in the country according to Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of JTV’s marketing and advertising initiatives. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO’s primary responsibility is to create an overall integrated marketing plan that successfully generates incremental revenue by increasing sales through successful customer acquisition/retention marketing strategies. This plan will leverage analytics, customer insight, market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, branding and PR. The CMO will ensure that JTV’s message and brand is distributed consistently across all channels to targeted audiences, in order to meet sales and new customer generation objectives. Strategic marketing plans will include innovative methods of delivering messaging through all mediums including mobile platforms, video and social media.
The candidate should have a passion for connecting, exemplary leadership skills, the ability to “color outside the lines” to produce an amazing outcome, and experience in driving commerce utilizing an omni-channel approach. Additionally, the position requires real time knowledge on the latest and most disruptive ways to grab audiences’ attention and increase engagement throughout the JTV Universe.
This executive must be dynamic, motivated and personify innovation. The candidate will focus on delivering key business metrics that serve JTV’s omni- channel approach and overall business objectives, and will analyze all available data and make timely strategic and tactical recommendations based on insights.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create a clear and cost-effective marketing strategy that encompasses all marketing segments that drives incremental revenue and increases JTVs brand awareness in targeted markets; Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Serve as the strategic leader to develop and execute innovative ideas that attract new customers to the JTV universe
- Develop customer insights that enable JTV to serve existing customers better; Reduce attrition rate of existing customers
- Increase both customer acquisition and retention; Develop strategies to attract new customers to the business and utilize targeting and analytics of behavior to retain customers
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution, etc. that meets market demands
- Measure the success of marketing and creative campaigns across the business utilizing advanced analytics to determine appropriate spend; Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Keep up to date with industry and technological changes that impact the business
- Contribute to the overall growth of JTV
- Coordinate strategies to improve how JTV is perceived by customers, competitors and the general public
- Develop and deploy public relations, marketing and experience campaigns to engage and inform anyone interacting with the JTV brand
- Listen to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Build a highly effective team of marketing professionals
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications, etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, public relations and other marketing efforts across all marketing initiatives
- Develop efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion, etc.)
- Set and achieve strategic goals related to social media metrics, television advertising, and marketing campaign initiatives
- Create and propagate an enthusiastic brand message that will resonate with our target demographic
- Proven experience as a BtoC marketing executive for 10+ years that has consistently driven revenue through ROI driven marketing strategies; Experience with DTC shopping on television preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments in both direct report and matrix reporting to develop and overall/company-wide integrated marketing plan
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; in-depth knowledge of big data analysis; Demonstrated ability to consume and act on insights derived from analytical marketing methodologies
- Depth of experience managing an effect customer lifecycle strategy that integrates both CRM technology and customer acquisition/retention strategies
- Ability to balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines such as production, sales, finance, information technology, business analytics and consumer research.
- Demonstrated success in building, managing and leading teams through complex marketing operations
- Advanced written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to “sell ideas” internally by gaining credibility using collaboration and a win-win spirit
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- A highly collaborative approach to success internally and with external partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.