Katz Ventures is a privately owned and operated health care and real estate-focused company. Our primary goal is to bootstrap and acquire healthcare companies and real estate in the underserved markets on the east coast. Katz Ventures was founded in 2000 by serial entrepreneur Elan Katz. After successfully launching a chain of pharmacies, Elan went on to start an urgent care chain, acquire assisted living facilities and launch an ambulatory Infusion company.
With over twenty years of healthcare leadership excellence, Elan serves as the innovative force behind Katz Ventures groundbreaking progression. His commitment to optimizing patient care has transcended to a variety of healthcare divisions and is the driving factor behind the company’s rapid growth.
Elan’s achievements in the healthcare industry are demonstrated in all his ventures: QuickRx Specialty Pharmacy, Cure Urgent Care, Specialty Infusion centers, and Gold Standard of care senior housing. Motivated by ingenuity and compassion, Elan continues extending the reach of his enterprises and providing patients with access to leading healthcare
- QuickRx — is a provider of specialty medications which is currently licensed in 39 states. The QuickRx team is focused on providing the latest and most effective pharmaceutical therapies to patients suffering from chronic illnesses.
- Cure Urgent Care — is a locally owned modern medical practice that specializes in immediate treatment for New York City and Long Island residents. We don’t believe it should be painful to feel better. We provide affordable healthcare services that exceed industry standards for comfort, convenience, and value.
- Specialty Infusion — is upgrading the standard of infusion and injection therapies for patients who have chronic and complex health conditions, and our top priority is to always provide a personalized and high-quality of care. The passion for creating our state-of-the-art centers was spearheaded by Elan Katz (RPh) and Jake Deutsch (MD) – the visionary co-founders behind Specialty Infusion.
The Chief Operations Officer is a member of the Executive Leadership team and serves as the strategic business leader for operational performance and is responsible for planning, managing and directing the activities for the division (QuickRX, Cure Urgent Care and Specialty Infusion). The COO is a key leader in driving transformational growth scaling the organization through both organic and acquisition growth. This position is responsible for building and developing high performing teams (operations, HR, technology and clinical) to deliver on established objectives, goals, strategies and measures. The COO also works to leverage technology and other infrastructure, as necessary, to improve service delivery, operational effectiveness and profitability. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through multiple leadership assignments
- Proven experience as a P/L leader in multi-site/multi-state facility-based healthcare services
- Prior responsibility as a key executive/leader as a catalyst in the transformational growth and scaling of a healthcare services business through acquisition and organic growth at a scale of $100M+
- Proven experience integrating acquisitions successfully
- Demonstrated experience in driving organic growth and implementing the infrastructure required for growth
- Proven experience as a “hands-on, working” executive
- Proven ability to drive accountability to financial and operational goals
- Experience and understanding of how to leverage technology and data to drive innovation, efficiency and profitability
- An established record of successful leadership in the consumer health care market
- Strong clinical understanding/experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory environment relative to onsite operations
- Knowledge of current industry and legal issues
- Excellent communication, relational, facilitation and presentation skills
- Servant leader who is empowering of others, directive, strong, decisive and creative
- Executive presence, approachable but confident & “comfortable in own skin”
- Inspires greatness in others; mentors both clinical and administrative staff
- Excellent people management, strategy and execution skills
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience with a significant healthcare clinical/business focus)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the divisions, leadership, oversight and accountability; provides regular dashboard reporting of each division
- Responsible for partnering with the CEO and CFO in the development and execution of the Company’s long-term strategy with a view to create an innovative and disruptive business model that leverages technology and data/insights to deliver high-quality patient-centered care
- Provides oversight and leadership to the technology resources (internal/external) to ensure technology implementations are executed well and leveraged by the organization to improve service delivery, internal processes and communication
- Maintains a strategic focus on client satisfaction and value-added strategies and demonstrates the ability to proactively identify client needs related to healthcare trends
- Provides effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring at all operational levels in the organization
- Identifies global processes to improve overall performance of offices and defines innovative measurements of performance standards to integrate corporate strategies
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and knowledge of staffing, capacity, ROI, budget, margins, service and product offerings, to implement and drive strategic and relevant operational outcomes
- Reviews best practices and holistic effectiveness of systems, support, and structure
- Strategically identifies and solves complex problems effectively with an emphasis on developing proactive approaches utilizing internal (corporate and regional) support
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage the operations of diverse solutions
- Establishes regular communication across operational teams and regions to ensure effective cascade of information
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive
Nashville, TN 37027
Partner: Craig Buffkin
Associate: Kari Goodwin