LeadingResponse, founded in 1995, is a specialized marketing services company focused on customer acquisition in the financial, legal, senior living, home improvement and medical services fields utilizing proprietary technology and database marketing. The Company acquires customer prospects through targeted direct mail, seminar events, and digital marketing (social media, paid search, affiliated websites).
The Company has approximately 160 employees with offices in Tampa, FL and the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. The Company operates two primary business units, one focusing on seminar event marketing and the other focusing on digital lead generation.
The seminar event business targets highly identifiable consumer prospects utilizing our proprietary database of previous responder data. Consumers are invited to a seminar event during which they are presented with our client’s service offering. ROI exceeds a 4:1 ratio for its clients. The seminar business focuses on financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, senior living, and elective medical. The digital lead gen business utilizes a combination of social media and PPC, targeting consumers with generic ads on a national basis. Leads are distributed to national, regional, and local market clients. This business generates leads primarily for lawyers working on social security disability, mass tort, automotive, and workers comp cases. Both businesses are expanding their footprint into multiple verticals.
The Company is very profitable and has attractive growth prospects. There are opportunities to expand lead generation capabilities within existing customer segments, enter new verticals, and expand services offered to financial advisors. The Company has been owned by the current private equity firm, ICV Partners, since 2017 and is seeking to appoint a Chief Digital Officer.
• Headquarters in Tampa, FL with Digital Business located in Plano, TX
• 160+ employees, founded in 1995
• Lead Generation Solutions
• Owned by NYC-based PE Fund ICV Partners • www.leadingresponse.com
The Chief Digital Officer will report directly to the CEO and have a team of 30+ employees including such functionalities as digital marketing & lead generation, marketing analysis, customer development, user experience, content, social media, client services, and sales. The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership skills, strategic roadmap for sales growth and margin expansion, technology mindset and innovation, as well as high integrity, accountability, and strong sense of urgency into the role.
This person is a strategic and hands-on tactical marketing leader with deep experience planning, executing and managing digital marketing (SEO, PPC) and social media programs to drive growth, lead generation and revenue. The Chief Digital Officer role at LeadingResponse is an incredible opportunity for a proven leader who would like to help shape and evolve a highly successful organization with a strong foundation and continue on a future growth trajectory driven by deep technology and innovation bench. This includes being a change architect with well-thought out strategic roadmap and vision focused on sales, digital transformation, and deepening of business development efforts in existing verticals and new ones. This is an opportunity to grow and develop an exceptional team and propel LeadingResponse into a cycle of rapid growth.
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on performance- based outcomes, user acquisition, database marketing & digital lead generation, 5+ years in leadership role
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of developing and driving a strategic plan through an organization of 30+ employees and $35M+ of revenue
- Facilitate the creation and communication of a compelling and strategically sound vision, proven ability to grow a business and ability to quickly assess business opportunities and act quickly & decisively
- Minimum 10 years of relevant, multi-channel marketing services/B2B2C experience with foundational roles in sales, marketing, products, and technology
- Experience building a high performing sales and marketing organization that can cross-sell and upsell existing clientele while expanding offering into new markets
- Support & management of the P&L metrics, KPIs, and ROI. Driven by results of top line revenue and bottom line margin expansions
- Exceptional people skills with ability to deal with millennials to baby-boomers and create focused, collaborative, results driven teams; energize & inspire others
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evolve the vision for LeadingResponse and execute on an actionable strategy
- Build on the strategy work in progress to create a strategic framework for the organization and craft a plan for realizing the vision that maximizes the core business and expands existing and new verticals
- Remain sales & client focused
- Create a culture of innovation and growth
- Create a mindset of continuous improvement
- Serve as leadership center for media planning/buying, IT development, Sales, Client Services, product development, user experience, content & analysis
- Develop high organizational curiosity (e.g. a better, faster, cheaper way to do this) What are best practices in other industries/ with our competition?
- Value responsible experimentation
- Buttress an execution culture with pragmatic strategic assessment
- Maintain a high performing team
- Rapidly assess existing talent; upgrade as necessary and align organizational structure roles and responsibilities needed to realize the vision
- Eliminate redundancies or inefficiencies present in the current organization
- Develop functional excellence that is easily applied to new growth arenas
- Inspire team to be results driven while creating platform for creativity and new ideas
- Enhance the business model through use of technology; improve operational efficiency, create hard-to-replicate competitive advantage and deliver a higher ROI to customers
- Use technology to expand product offerings and customers reached
- Forge new and maintain existing relationships with leadership executives and teams within all key platforms
- Maintain a competitive advantage in technology among the competition
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
420 Lexington Ave, Suite 820
New York, NY 10170
Phone: (929) 436-0930
Craig Buffkin, Managing Partner
Tel: (615) 417-4383
Raj Das, Partner, Global Head of Digital
Tel: (917) 279-7960
Kimberly Melcer, Senior Associate
Tel: (917) 301-6371