Help the world experience more live.
SeatGeek was built in 2009 as the only mobile ticketing marketplace created with fan experience top of mind. We’re transforming the way fans buy and sell their tickets to their favorite live events across sports, music, and theater.
While we humbly believe we have the best consumer technology on the market, our mission goes beyond that – by bringing a technology-first approach to an entire industry sorely in need of a better solution, we aim to be a force for good in live entertainment.
SeatGeek’s acquisition of TopTix created SeatGeek Enterprise (SGE), the premier primary ticketing solution on the market and the perfect complement to our best-in-class consumer tech. Now our mission goes beyond the fan experience and brings power, control, and flexibility to rightsholders. SGE is reinventing live entertainment for the modern, mobile era. http://enterprise.seatgeek.com
On April 3, 2018, The Dallas Cowboys announced Seat Geek is now the primary ticketing partner for the team, AT&T Stadium and The Ford Center – SeatGeek’s Partnership with The Dallas Cowboys.
Over the past year, we’ve signed marquis deals with several MLS teams, the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, and now, the Dallas Cowboys. As we look towards 2019, we have our eyes set on adding even more partners, specifically with arena-based teams.
As we focus on selling to arenas, we’ll need to move well beyond sports-ticketing to ticket iconic concert tours that travel through arenas every year. This doesn’t come without some serious competition.
That’s where our VP of Music comes in. You’ll use your influence to prove we are an artist-friendly alternative and use your industry connections and fighter mentality to ensure we can close deals with NHL and NBA teams across the country.
- 15+ years of experience in the Music Industry
- A credible voice in the music industry that is well-connected across venue managers, artist managers, promoters and more
- You aren’t afraid of a fight. You aren’t a stranger to the legal complexities of the music industry and are comfortable working with an in-house legal team if things escalate legally
- Strategic thinker who can take SeatGeek’s visionary goal and create a path to position SGE for success
- An influencer who is able to gain buy-in and persuade other influential leaders
- Understanding of the current ticketing marketplace
- Handle relationships with artists, press, and litigation
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever changing entertainment, media, and music environment
- Sales and business development savvy
- Hustle and hands on
- Manage relationships with stakeholders within deal cycle
- Ability to work solo or in a team environment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather evidence that competitive threats are empty and use this to dissuade venues that are concerned they’ll lose vital tours
- Use your industry connections to summon testimonials or include artist managers and promoters in the conversation
- Position SeatGeek Enterprise as an artist friendly alternative
- Think strategically about how to position SGE within the music industry long-term
- Know what battles are worth fighting, and do whatever it takes to help SeatGeek overtake our biggest existential threat in the US
- Work cross functionally with members of the SG Enterprise sales team as well as in-house counsel
- Easily move between attending an artist meeting and then next have to prep for regulatory meeting
- Breakdown barriers for arena ticketing for new model
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 988-2587
Tom Truitt, Partner
Cell: (615) 300-3323
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Cell: (512) 296-7394