Help the world experience more live.
SeatGeek was built in 2009 as the only mobile ticketing marketplace created with fan experience top of mind. We’re transforming the way fans buy and sell their tickets to their favorite live events across sports, music, and theater. While we humbly believe we have the best consumer technology on the market, our mission goes beyond that – by bringing a technology-first approach to an entire industry sorely in need of a better solution, we aim to be a force for good in live entertainment. SeatGeek’s acquisition of TopTix created SeatGeek Enterprise (SGE), the premier primary ticketing solution on the market and the perfect complement to our best-in-class consumer tech. Now our mission goes beyond the fan experience and brings power, control, and flexibility to rightsholders. SGE is reinventing live entertainment for the modern, mobile era. http://enterprise.seatgeek.com On April 3, 2018, The Dallas Cowboys announced Seat Geek is now the primary ticketing partner for the team, AT&T Stadium and The Ford Center – SeatGeek’s Partnership with The Dallas Cowboys.
- Founded: 2009
- Employees: 320
- Co-Founders: Jack Groetzinger and Russ D’Souza
- Headquarters: NYC
- Access every major live event in the US on SeatGeek
- SeatGeek powers ticketing for more than 500 organizations in 16 countries, including some of the biggest names in sports & entertainment
The VP, North America Music will be responsible for the SeatGeek Enterprise’s go to market in live music and then scaling the business. SeatGeek Enterprise is a full stack ticketing system used by major sports clients around the world including the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Pelicans.
- Expert in the North American live music market (10+ years of experience). Understands trends that will shape the industry in the coming years. Deeply networked within the
industry. Connections to promoters and venues.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator. You will be closely working with:
o B2B marketing team on ROI-focused spend to increase funnel
o Client services team on deploying software and training efficiently and costeffectively
o Product team to advocate for valuable functionality.
- Able to build and run the team and the processes to effectively run an Inside Sales team
- Managed sales and marketing before, preferably with GM experience
- A credible voice in the music industry that is well-connected across venue managers, artist managers, promoters and more
- Strategic thinker who can take SeatGeek’s visionary goal and create a path to position SGE for success
- An influencer who can gain buy-in and persuade other influential leaders
- Understanding of the current ticketing marketplace
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever changing entertainment, media, and music environment
- Passionate about client success and happiness
- Hustle and hands on
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the SGE “go to market” plan for live music. This would include locations, target list, inside sales model attached to delivering on sales goals, as well as defining the
SGE value proposition that would appeal to live music constituents and how we present it during the sales journey
- Own ultimate responsibility for setting and exceeding aggressive sales goals
- Build and manage a team of motivated inside sales and renewals that we can scale over time. Capable of operating sales team in a capital efficient manner (e.g. aggressive
focus on driving results without heavy in-person touch)
- While you will not be managing implementation, you will be focused on health and happiness on clients. We will want early advocates to enable us to scale.
- Provide insight to the Global Support and Services Leader around pipeline so that we can resource appropriately against implementation.
- Work with Marketing and Product Marketing to ensure that we have a clear message in the industry
- Position SeatGeek Enterprise as an artist friendly alternative
- Think strategically about how to position SGE within the music industry long-term
- Work cross functionally with members of the SG Enterprise sales team as well as inhouse counsel
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability,
veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 988-2587
Tom Truitt, Partner
Cell: (615) 300-3323
Rachel Jonkers, Senior Associate
Cell: (512) 296-7394