SmartBrief’s mission is to equip B2B marketers, trade associations, and influential professionals with the technology, content, and data they need to succeed. For B2B marketers, SmartBrief offers unparalleled targeting ability, enabling them to reach a sought-after audience of business decision-makers. For trade associations, SmartBrief digital newsletters provide a critical member benefit and reliable non-dues revenue. For subscribers, Smart Brief delivers curated, highly relevant business news when and where they need it.
E-mail SmartBrief’s publications efficiently connect marketers with audiences that are targeted, hard-to-reach, influential, and highly engaged. Subscribers rely on curated, vertically focused digital newsletters that efficiently keep them informed and ahead of topical business issues.
Valued partnerships SmartBrief helps associations, non-profits and professional societies manage communications, recruit, and maintain members, and generate valuable non-dues revenue streams.
B2B marketing Tech-enabled, data-driven B2B marketing solutions, enabling marketers to reach highly targeted audiences by delivering trusted and relevant content to decision-makers via digital newsletters.
- Founded in 1999
- 200 Employees
- Headquarters in downtown Washington, D.C. and offices in New York City
The Director of Partner Development will lead and oversee a team of 7+ associates who manage the partnership relationships with associations in 14 unique verticals. The Director will be the steward of the SmartBrief brand and make sure to align the needs of the partners with the business objectives of SmartBrief. She/he will strategically plan, oversee and execute the growth and renewal of partnerships as well as nourish new partnerships to drive for revenue and new business opportunities. The Director will serve as the external and internal liaison between the partners and the SmartBrief department heads (sales, ad operations, IT, Legal, Marketing, Product Development, Content) and truly act as the advocate for all association partners. The Director of Partner Development will report into the Chief Partnership Officer.
- 8+ years’ experience in roles focused on account management, sales, customer service and business development
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role managing a team as well as managing cross-functionally within organizations
- Track record of building and managing high performance teams in both sales and account management
- Proven ability to develop relationships with C-Suite executives externally and internally
- Entrepreneurial outlook with strategic drive and analytical mindset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Equally comfortable talking with employees, managers, executives and clients
- Possesses high EQ and has ability to influence, coach and mentor, manage conflict, inspire and has self-awareness, patience and a sense of humor
- Track record as a “roll up your sleeves, get it done” leader: outstanding organizational skills, strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Expertise with Microsoft Suite, Salesforce a plus
- Experience working with Legal and contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspire, manage and develop team of 7+ associates who are each responsible for partners within their industry vertical
- Oversee and advise team on day to day responsibilities
- Act as brand ambassador with all levels of management within the associations; ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Key liaison between SmartBrief and the association partners; act as “Air Traffic Control” internally to achieve goals of partners
- Oversee growth and renewal of partnerships as well as onboarding all new partnerships; constantly monitoring the health of the relationships
- Strategically develop, plan and track KPIs for the partnership team
- Communicate clearly the progress of quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders; lead meetings and presentations with partner’s c-suite executives
- Consistently communicate the SmartBrief value proposition in the market and act proactively to upsell and present new business opportunities
- Have a pulse on industry trends and the competitive landscape
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive
Nashville, TN 37027