Spectrio is one of the nation’s leading end-to-end technology-enabled audio and video marketing companies, providing professional content and managed services on a monthly subscription basis. Our solutions, consisting of On-Hold Messaging, Digital Signage and Overhead Music, enable our clients to engage, educate and entertain their customers, across critical customer touch points.
The company has grown steadily both through acquisition and organic efforts and is poised to make a huge leap forward by expanding its service offerings into an integrated digital “Customer Engagement Platform.” Currently the company has a 98+% YOY revenue retention rate and has grown almost 100% in revenues since 2013. It maintains uniquely high profit margins, is sound financially and operationally and enjoys strong customer satisfaction scores. The business has never made organic growth a true priority, and meaningful low-hanging-fruit opportunities exist to improve performance in the near term. The company serves a variety of verticals including: Healthcare, Automotive, Retail, Wireless, Hospitality and Financial.
In September of 2017, Bertram Capital acquired a majority stake in the company and is looking to accelerate organic growth by enhancing the company’s sales and marketing acumen and evolving the solution offering. Bertram will also leverage its internal technology function, consisting of 20 software developers and 5 online marketing experts, to enhance the company’s technology platform and software capabilities.
The COO will be a steward of the Spectrio brand and will steadfastly support its mission while competently running the day to day operations. S/he will command the respect and confidence of a high-performance team through her/his domain knowledge, proven experience, and leadership quality. This role will act as a strategic reflection of the CEO, an empowered leader with the responsibility for managing the company’s growth and profitability. This role will be accountable for ensuring the achievement of Spectrio’s near-term goals, while increasing the company’s longer-term valuation by consistently meeting and exceeding Annual/Quarterly Profit and Revenue targets. The COO will be an active and valued participant in the Strategic Planning Process as the key architect and owner of the operating plan and P&L of the company. Specific duties will include: (1) Implementing operational KPIs around service deliver and margin for the entire customer life cycle (2) developing operational best practices and efficiencies around customer delivery and service , (3) managing the supply chain for all hardware and (4) work with the executive team to efficiently integrate new acquisitions. This role will also be responsible for training, development and recruitment of a growth organization – enhance capabilities and skill sets of a young and learning organization, especially through the recruitment of relevant talents to drive the growth agenda. The COO will have experience scaling a rapid growth media and data organization from 300 employees to 500 and from $50 million in revenue to over $200 million in revenue. The COO will report into the CEO.
- Prior executive leadership experience as a COO or operating executive in a high growth division
- Proven experience in leading a company or division through explosive revenue growth from $50M to $100M
- Minimum 15 years of relevant, multi-channel marketing services or fulfillment related experience with at least 7 years in executive leadership; foundational roles in operations
- Prior experience developing and driving a strategic plan through an organization of 200+
- Track record of successfully working for and with a board of directors, including preparing and presenting board documents, cadence of communication and a reputation for transparency
- Experience with an inside/customer service business model
- Metrics-based and results-driven management style
- Experience operating in institutionally-backed company
- Deep background in m/a integration from an operational perspective
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for driving growth, profitability and operational efficiency. COO will play an active role in building client relationships so that company is seen as a subject matter expert with deep domain knowledge in its services and vertical specialties
- Establish operational KPIs for all operations
- Responsible for retooling the customer service organization from onboarding to servicing
- Responsible for the supply chain of all hardware
- Build a high performing executive team through both internal development and attracting/retaining external talent
- Responsible for preparing board reporting documents and keeping a cadence of communication between board meetings
- Monitor overall performance against strategic priorities and annual strategic, operating and financial targets
- Build a shared vision and inspire the team to follow that vision
- Holding self and others accountable for results
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Craig Buffkin, Managing Partner
Office: (615) 988-2580
Cell: (615) 417-4383
Raj Das, Partner, Head of Digital
Office: (929) 436-0920
Cell: (917) 279-7960