Unity Health Care, one of the largest community health centers in the country with a network of over 27 health sites in the nation’s capital, is searching for a Chief Medical Officer. This MISSION DRIVEN physician will have a passion for promoting healthier communities and be a progressive medical executive who is financial adept and can drive clinical excellence, best practices, and quality initiatives in order to improve patient care and outcomes across the network. From assessing and identifying to guiding, educating and influencing practice patterns, this individual will champion quality and evidence-based medicine while enhancing and sustaining a culture of accountability, transparency, safety and continuous performance improvement. As a servant leader this individual will be passionate about serving the working poor, the homeless and the underserved. They will join a culture that works daily to champion patient centered care, promote staff engagement, while embracing technology, and pursuing community partnerships and strategic alliances.
This board-certified physician in Family Practice, Pediatrics or Internal medicine, will be a collaborative leader with significant experience in ambulatory care. Reporting directly to the President & CEO of Unity Health, he/she will also contribute to the strategic direction for the network, as well as the plan for population health, disease management, and care models to bring whole-person care and wellness to the over 104,000 patients served in the District of Columbia.
· Board eligible/certified Physician in Family Practice, Pediatrics or Internal medicine with at least five to ten years (preferred) of clinical practice
· MD or DO required with MBA or Master’s degree in public health, or related field, preferred
· A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years progressive clinical leadership experience in an outpatient /ambulatory healthcare setting.
· Demonstrated track record successfully leading patient safety, quality and clinical improvement initiatives
· Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred
· MUST be MISSION DRIVEN
· PATIENT centric, fiscally responsible
· A high level of comfort, interest and capability working in a community-based environment
· Able to sell & champion change
· Delivers results in measurable, quantifiable fashion; has a bias for action and strong execution skills
· Understands clinical operations, health care finance, cost management and healthcare delivery across the continuum
· Holds people accountable, can make tough decisions and is able to have the difficult conversations
· Boots on the ground, visible leader who is a strong communicator, a coach and a mentor
· Empowering, supportive and promotes a culture of “Joy in Service”
Unity Health Care, does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding and reproductive health decisions), age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, status as a victim of an intra-family offense, lawful use of tobacco products, unemployment status, place of residence, or business or veteran status or conduct protected by federal or District of Columbia law. This policy applies to all employment activities including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, terminations, compensation, benefits, training and all other employment activities.