Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 21 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers a personalized and expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love on mobile, web and connected TV.
- Founded in 2009
- 200 + Employees
Vevo is seeking a talented and passionate Head of People to lead and enhance a best-in-class People function. As a member of the leadership team, The Head of People will report to the CEO and lead the People Team, including Recruiters, People Partners, and People Specialists.
The Head of People will oversee Vevo’s people strategy and talent roadmap which encompasses the full employee lifecycle across our geographically distributed employee population. This role will partner with fellow leaders to execute on a People framework that drives our employer brand such that Vevo is a place that individuals desire to be at and stay at. This role will also be responsible for diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, people analytics, learning and development, performance management, compliance, and compensation and benefits. And along the way, The Head of People will continuously seek to identify and propose meaningful process and structural improvements for the entire People function.
- 10+ years of direct People operations experience, with at least two years at the functional or executive leadership level, and depth of exposure to both core HR as well as Talent
- Experience in the music, media, and/or entertainment industry. Experience with tech-centric teams or organizations is a
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing talent management and incentive programs, processes, and systems with an emphasis on attraction, development, and
- Experience developing and integrating innovative HR strategies and initiatives with business
- Impeccable integrity including good judgment and professionalism; a forthright approach and a willingness to give and receive open and candid feedback to improve leadership and ensure business success.
- Demonstrated track record of working in a geographically dispersed
- Knowledge of federal and local employment laws, and employment-related
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skill
- Must be action-oriented, energetic and enjoy working hard; sees “opportunities” instead of “challenges.”
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required. Advanced degree a
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Vision and Strategy: This position will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to other members of the Leadership team, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
- Talent Acquisition: As the champion of talent, This person will oversee the Recruiting team and ensure the bench strength readiness for critical positions.
- Learning & Development: This position will continuously look to enhance learning programs that will build upon employees’ knowledge, skills, and overall satisfaction.
- Values and Culture: Lead the charge on maintaining and enhancing Vevo culture in line with its values and help to foster a flourishing and diverse community that is representative of Vevo’s global audience.
- Compensation and Benefits: Will seek to deeply understand workforce needs as the company evolves – and manage costs while staying competitive with salary, benefits, and perks. Oversee the performance, development, and compensation review process.
- Systems and Compliance: This person will have oversight of the systems and platforms that manage people-related data. As well as leverage reporting functionality from these systems to aid in better decision making and compliance.
- New Hire Integration: This person will ensure that the organization is strategic as it relates to efficiently and effectively onboard top talent.
Our client and Buffkin/Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Nashville, TN 37027
Warren T. Wasp, Partner
Office: (929) 436-0924
Cell: (516) 532-8026
Cell: (516) 353-3552